Oh hi! I’m TJ VanToll. I’m a web developer, speaker, and writer and this is my blog.
I live in Lansing, MI where I work as a developer advocate for Telerik. I have been making web sites since the web was a thing, and have experience building everything from major applications for Fortune 500 companies to small personal sites.Contact:
Things I have written that are elsewhere on the internet.
- April 16th, 2013: Script Junkie HTML5 Datalists: What They Are They and When to Use Them
- March 6th, 2013: Script Junkie Creating Custom Tooltips with jQuery UI
October 17th, 2012:
Constraint Validation: Native Client Side Validation for Web Forms
A great tutorial: Native Client-Side validation for Web forms - bit.ly/QrhspI— Smashing Magazine (@smashingmag) October 24, 2012
Posts that were good or that I deceived people into clicking from Google searches.
- April 15th, 2013:List of Pseudo-Elements to Style Form Controls
- July 15th, 2012:Native HTML5 Number Picker and jQuery UI’s Spinner - Which to Use?
- June 30th, 2012:Creating a Native HTML 5 Datepicker with a Fallback to jQuery UI
- May 2nd, 2012:window.showModalDialog: What It is and Why You Should Never Use It
Occasionally I make things.
An interactive timeline with scroll triggered animations. If that’s not cool enough you also get to play with bubbles and clouds.